Monday, July 23, 2012

Letters from camp #7

SmileyHey everyone!  Another week of camp is over and another one begins today.  We had about 100 junior campers last week Smiley, wow that's a lot of campers.  As it usually is with junior age campers, they were both rambunctious and excited, lol, a great bunch of kids.  The kids had a fun time with all the activities, of course, being assistant counselor, I had fun as well, lol.  However, I did make the mistake of forgetting to put on my sunscreen before taking the boys to the lake.....so yes, I got sunburned, ouch!Smiley  After that, I definitely made sure I didn't forget to use my sunscreen the rest of the week.  I also am making sure I am careful around the camp mascot, Al.....this is Al:


Yes, Al, the camp mascot, is a little alligator.  One of the staff took him out of the tank so some of the kids could pet him and look at him up close.  However, before they put him back in the tank, I walked a little too close by Al.....yes, he nearly nipped my backside, yikes!Smiley  Someone thought that would've made a funny picture, but I don't think so Smiley.

Other humor for the week, we got pranked by one of the sponsors when he was doing cabin inspections.  When doing the inspections, he thought it would be fun to toss stuff around and in each cabin and cause a mess, lolSmiley.  So goes the usual camp pranks, lol, makes camp fun!  On the spiritual side of things......the preaching was really good too with many souls getting saved Smiley.  But all too soon the week was over and it was time for the campers to go home.  Before they left, my campers all gave me big hugs Smiley, one kid squeezed me especially hard, lol.  Such a great week!

  Enjoying a game of pool with my junior campers!


Sportsfan

No comments:

Post a Comment