Monday, July 9, 2012

Letters from camp #5

Happy SmileyAnother fun-filled week of camp has come and gone, lol!  We had 30 Junior age campers last week and, as usual, it was a great week of activities, games, preaching, and time at the lake.  Due to the extreme heat, we spent time most of our time inside the gym.  We also enjoyed some fireworks and watermelon Edible/Food Smilies on 4th of July holiday, it was great!  Oh, and four kids received Christ as Savior this week Happy Smiley!  So overall it was a great week!  As for me, I spent last week being assistant counselor and helping out on operational staff.  However, my fellow staff members thought it would be fun for me to go sliding down "The Summit", a huge waterslide we have on the lake.  I'm not too fond of heights, so they made a bet that if one of them scored a basket with the basketball, then I would have to go sliding down "The Summit".  Well, it took them awhile, but one of them finally scored a basket.  So, I was "forced" to climb that huge waterslide and slide down it.........I went screaming all the way downSmiley.  Sigh, such interesting things staff members like to engage in Smiley.  Anyway, this week, we are being "invaded" by middle schoolers and teenagers Scared Smiley Text .  Lol, actually it won't be that bad because my sisters will be here at camp this week, it will be good to see them.Smiley  Enjoy the pictures from last week:


Here I am goofing around at one of the campers (I'm in the guy in the purple shirt).


Dodgeball!  I'm in the background.


Another fun game!  I am in the green shirt next to the staff member in pink.


More dodgeball!  I'm in the far left.

Time for counselor hunt game!  I am in the sombrero, lol.


Fireworks at camp!


Sportsfan


No comments:

Post a Comment